Tuesday, May 16, 2017

160517 BLOK

160517 BLOK
Every task and move perfecto, travelling to Baza yesterday.  
I take no chances travelling, as older and have mucho experiencia.  I don´t miss buses, trains, or flights, like in the old TV days!  I I plan ahead, I organize, not waiting for the last moment!  But, to each his own!
Two busses were involved, and one taxi (to get to Baza some 100+KM to the northeast of Granada City).  The local bus (#183) from Monchil to Granada City, departs every hour at :45 minutes after.  My ALSA bus to Baza departed at 10:15, so I took the 08:45 from Monachil, waiting by 08:15.  But, being early, beyond getting the worm, affords you time to observe life.  In this case, observing insects while sitting on a bench (in the morning sun) inside the children´s playground.  And since I had to piss, I fertized a tree. OMG, and out there in public!
The total € (Euro, for you Norte Americanos, is European currency) was 20€.
The ride from Granada City to Baza, only takes 90+ minutes, but I like the views, as initially, the carretera (A-92) winds through a mountain range and Parque de Natural.  In the distance to the south Veleta and Mulhacen, two of the highest peaks in all of Espana.  I´ve cycled up to the top of Veleta, some 3,400mts. ASL.
I love observing the world, when most are glued to their small screens. 
Just arrived in the parking spot in the Baza terminal, I spied Claudia out my window, who had come to meet me (my hostess and place to stay for three nights).  
Claudia is a German woman who´s lived in Baza for 11 years.  We met via Gabriele, who I was introduced to by Claudia (in Cochabamba).  
There´s always one thing or person, leading to the next person, thing, or place in life.  I wouldn´t know about Baza, Andalucia, Spain, without having met Claudia (a German woman) in Cochabamba, and this via Paula Lujan, who was a part of Anna´s (and Carlos´) Friday luncheon gatherings.  And I could go back from them to Edgar, the Swiss couple staying with me via www.warmshowers.org.  Life is a bunch of connections……………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Anyway…
Claudia (of Baza) had her vehicle, so we drove all of a few blocks to her house. 
I paid her 70€ ($77) for three nights, while she ate her asparagus (espárragos in Es.) almuerzo (lunch in Ingles). We chatted about plans, as I´m here in Baza to find a house (on the ground) to rent and move to (from Monachil).  I preprinted some `flyers´ to hand out or tack to bullentin boards. 
I deposited my things in my room, and then was off walking to Mercadona, a large food chain.  I wanted to check it out, plus hungry as hadn´t eaten anything since 0630, some six hours ago.  Note,    I´d gotten up that morning at 0500. 
I discovered the Mercadona in Baza valuable, with wide aisles and few shoppers!  But, no bullentin board.  More importantly the food items that I need. 
I went up and down every aisle checking out what they offered.  I was pleased to discover, bebedas vegetal almendros (sin azucar), as not even at El Encinar (eco. tienda) in Granada City (where I shop).  Also, other health-food oriented items. Best of all, my pre-make sandwich on whole wheat bread (pan de integral in Es.).  All of it cost €15, seemingly less than what you pay for food in Granada City. 
I sat outside on a concreto bench and ate my lunch, including black garlic.  Black garlic is new to me as I´ve found nowhere in the world, but Andalucia.  Here´s about BLACK Garlic, thanks to Googleski:
How does garlic become black? They are usually surprised to hear that the unique color, taste, and texture of our product are accomplished without any additives! Black garlic is produced by fermentation, a technique that has been around for many thousands of years.
Garlic contains sugars and amino acids. When garlic undergoes fermentation, these elements produce melanoidin, a dark-colored substance that is responsible for the color of black garlic.
In front of me the covered parking log (What does that tell you?) with automobiles coming and going, enough to drive you bonkers!  Thus the following poem:
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Families!
Families!
Families!
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Money, money, money!
The modern way,
They have no say,
Working for the man!
The modern way!
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Automobiles!
Families!
Families!
Families!
They have to pay
As don´t know any other way!
On the walk back up the hill, and just outside Mercadona I found an outside bullentin board.  With Claudia´s cellophane tape, I put up my first flyer:  GRINGO LOOKING TO RENT HOUSE ON THE GROUND. 
Later I inserted a flyer along with my postcard and sticker (QUEMA GRASA, NO GASOLINA!! on the door of a bicycle shop (closed for siesta).  Then even further, under the door of can eco. market.
A good start I thought, for the first day in Baza.
Total expenses, 105€  Plus, resting on a bench near Claudia´s house i was hustled out of an additional 2€ by an overweight beggar woman.  I gave it to her of course, but declined a kiss on the check.

H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home